Subject: Re: boot-big.fs wrong size?
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: None <kardel@Nagler-Consult.COM>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/10/2000 10:51:06
At Tue, 09 May 2000 17:20:27 -0500 , seebs@plethora.net (Peter Seebach) wrote:

>Weird!

>boot-big.fs is the right size, then it's vnconfig'd, data is dumped to it,

>and it's un-vnconfig'd, and it comes out truncated.  1.4Y.  Anyone else

>seeing this?

The ustarfs change has done this. That is not a real problem. Only
the active part of the disk image is stored as file. I found
however that the ustarfs code in the bootphase still expects
two 'floppies' in boot-big.fs. It is kind of hard for me the supply
the second one as only one was created. Maybe some work needs to
be done there. Currently i cannot use bootable CDROMS. Anyone else
having noticed this behaviour ?

Frank