Subject: Re: IrDA driver? Bluetooth driver?
To: Jasper Wallace <jasper@pointless.net>
From: Roger Brooks <R.S.Brooks@liverpool.ac.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/09/2000 16:31:46
On Mon, 8 May 2000, Jasper Wallace wrote:

>On Fri, 5 May 2000 Ronald.vanderPol@surfnet.nl wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 4 May 2000, Jasper Wallace wrote:
>>
>> > I have the very basic beginngings of a userland irda stack i wrote mainly
>> > for the fun of playing around with it. I havn't worked on it for 6 weeks,
>> > but intend to start again soonish.
>>
>> Do you intend to make the code public?
>
>when there is enough of it to actually show people...
>
>> Do you know of other projects?
>
>There are things in the net and freebsd project databases, but i havn't seen
>any code (i havn't looked for 3 months or so).
>
>> Isn't somebody working on porting the Linux IrDA stuff to *BSD?

Yes, I've started looking at it, although it will be a while before I can
spare much time.

>I don't know, but emulateing the linux socket(AF_IRDA,,) stuff is the best
>longterm goal.

Yes, so all the Linux userland apps should Just Work.  Plus IrCOM_TTY
(so that PPP to a mobile phone will work as well) and IrCOM_LPT (so that
lpd can print to an IrDA printer).

Roger

Roger Brooks (Systems Programmer),          |  Email: R.S.Brooks@liv.ac.uk
Computing Services Dept,                    |  Tel:   +44 151 794 4441
The University of Liverpool,                |  Fax:   +44 151 794 4442
PO Box 147, Liverpool L69 3BX, UK           |