Subject: Re: viaenv hardware monitor device added
To: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/08/2000 19:04:20
On Tue, May 09, 2000 at 12:39:50AM +0200, Johan Danielsson wrote:
> Lennart Augustsson <augustss@augustsson.net> writes:
>
> > If it uses the same interface as the LM7x driver then perhaps it
> > should use the same major number as well?
>
> Yes, but then we'd need some kind of device switch for these devices.

Personally, I think they should all provide a pseudo-device "env".

It's just plain STUPID that I have to start envstat with an argument
telling it *which* environmental source to use when I've yet to see a
machine with more than one -- but there's no way for it to *find* which
environmental devices are available, either.

	"And where do all these highways go, now that we are free?"