Subject: Re: Progress!!
To: , <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: James Webster <james3838@tsi-net.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/07/2000 11:13:44
If you want a true secure firewall then you shouldn't run ANY services on
it.  If any service is compromised, that is the one box that can see network
traffic on both networks.

Either put DNS outside the firewall (internal can get to it by default), or
inside the firewall with a rdr rule (more risky, since it can result in a
machine vulerable inside your firewall).