Subject: Progress!!
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Stan Pietkiewicz <stanp@storm.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/06/2000 21:44:02
After 3 or 4 re-installs and an evening of make'ing the TIS firewall
tolkit, I managed to get my 486-66 firewall up and running....

I used a generic kernel, with IP forwarding turned off. The firewall can
see inside and outside, but the only thing that goes through the
firewall (for now) is http traffic. That'll change after I RTFM the TIS
documentation, and continue configuring the permissions....

Now I'm considering a DNS (slave) server on the firewall machine to pass
DNS requests on to my provider.... Any thoughts??

Stan