Subject: My Yamaha 721F is now hacked into SB emulation mode
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/05/2000 12:45:56
It's ugly but at least I can get something out of the speakers now.

This currently works using a DOS boot floppy.

The process I used is as follows (YMMV):

1) Download the YMF724 diagnostics from Dell.

2) Run the download to create a floppy disk.

3) Copy the files from the floppy to a directory on your hard drive or
leave them on the floppy.  I put them on my hard drive in c:\sndtest.

4) In the autoexec on the bootable floppy, add the following or the
equivalent for your system:

	cd c:\sndtest
	c:
	setupds /s
	a:
	echo Booting NetBSD from wdoa
	echo.
	dosboot -u wd0a:netbsd

5) Reboot your system with the boot floppy in drive A.

Steven Grunza
steven_grunza@ieee.org