Subject: Re: Network problems (me idiot)
To: Technolord <l.raiser@deathsdoor.com>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/05/2000 12:31:21
On Fri, May 05, 2000 at 12:09:15PM +0200, Technolord wrote:
> First, the card isn't a AHA, it's an ISA NE2000 compatible :)
> Secondly, the message I get isn't "lost interrupt" but "device timeout"
This sounds that your network card is using a different IRQ than the kernel
thinks. The GENERIC kernel expects ne2000 kompatible isa cards at
	I/O 0x280	irq 9	(ne0)
or	I/O 0x300	irq 10  (ne1)

Either change the IRQ of your network card or compile a custom kernel with
your actual settings. (Or try setting your network card to plug&play,
*sometimes* this does actually work :-)

Good luck!
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.