Subject: Re: IrDA driver? Bluetooth driver?
To: None <Ronald.vanderPol@surfnet.nl>
From: Jasper Wallace <jasper@pointless.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/04/2000 17:10:20
On Wed, 3 May 2000 Ronald.vanderPol@surfnet.nl wrote:

> Is there any work going on to develop an IrDA driver for NetBSD (or *BSD)?
> If I understand correctly, bluetooth can use IrDA stacks. So if there is
> an IrDA port, (simple) bluetooth may be a small step.

I have the very basic beginngings of a userland irda stack i wrote mainly
for the fun of playing around with it. I havn't worked on it for 6 weeks,
but intend to start again soonish.

iirc the only bit of irda that is going to be used by bluetooth is ORBEX
(which is what most modern irda devices use for exchanging data).

--
    They were so ignorant! Young men and women, educated very carefully to
be apolitical, to be technicians who thought they disliked politics, making