Subject: Re: next try on 4G machine
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/03/2000 00:46:16
<hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de> (Hubert Feyrer) writes:

> Also, I don't see anything that looks like the token ring card and esp.
> the two 53c896 SCSI controllers, configured or not. The CDROM on the
> 53c810 is found correctly.
>
> I've checked that the INSTALL kernel enables ncr* and all PCI bridges, so
> I don't relaly know how to go from there.

So, while the pchb's are configured and show up:

pchb0 at pci0 dev 16 function 0
pchb0: vendor 0x8086 product 0x84ca (rev. 0x03)
pchb1 at pci0 dev 18 function 0
pchb1: vendor 0x8086 product 0x84cb (rev. 0x04)
pchb2 at pci0 dev 19 function 0
pchb2: vendor 0x8086 product 0x84cb (rev. 0x04)

If you look at sys/arch/i386/pci/pchb.c, you'll notice that there has
to be bridge-specific code added to support PCI buses behind
non-primary pchb's. This exists for the 450KX/GX chipset, but not the
450NX chipset that your machine apparantly has. Should be a SMOP.

> Any ideas? Does anyone see anything that could hide the two 53c896
> controllers? Maybe the fact that the machine has several CPUs and no IRQ
> routing code is used makes it not detect several devices? Do we support
> the 53c896? Or is this still in Manuel's queue?

They're probably behind one of the secondary PCI buses.

        - Nathan