Subject: using dosboot.com to network boot.
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Alex Nemirovsky <nemiroal@yahoo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/02/2000 11:49:13
Hello,

I have a question.  I am having
problems getting netbsd to mount an nfs root.
I need to start netbsd from dos using dosboot.
Reading the FAQ, it appears the the i386
architecture will use dhcp to get an IP number
and then try a nfs mount.  I have tried starting
dhcpd in debug on the server
to see if my fxp0 client send out packets to the
server when netbsd is started with dosboot.  But
I get see no packets and the netbsd client errors out
quickly with error 49.

I have used the DISKLESS template to make a
kernel (1.4U) which tries to mount root via nfs.

Any ideas what is wrong? Is network boot via dosboot
not supported?

-Thanks in advanced.
Alex