Subject: Re: 8-bit vs. 16-bit sound...
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/02/2000 13:37:37
In message <200005021834.LAA14004@grosse.manhattan.fugue.com>, Ted Lemon writes
:
>> It's a NeoMagic 256AV.  I found a workaround - I used 'wss* at pnpbios...'
>> and now it works fine.  I'm pretty sure I was using the 'sb' mode before,
>> though.

>Hm.   I tried this, and the system just hung right after probing
>pnpbios.   :'(

Interesting.  It doesn't hang on mine, but:

sb0 at isa0 irq5 drq 1 drq2 5:		works only in 8-bit mode
(my actual configuration, according to Windows:)
sb0 at isa0 irq 5 drq 0 drq2 1:		hangs on access
sb0 at pnpbios0:			doesn't probe
sb0 at isapnp0:				doesn't probe
wss0 at pnpbios0:			probes, works in 16-bit mode

I'm mostly concerned because I'm sure this worked a while back.  Must be
more weird IBM laptop settings.  :)

-s