Subject: Re: i386 snapshot coming soon
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/01/2000 10:10:21
On Sun, Apr 30, 2000 at 11:01:52PM -0700, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
> Hi folks...
>
> I've just finished getting a clean CRYPTOBASE=none build of an i386
> snapshot.  As soon as I've done the CRYPTOBASE=crypto-us build and
> created the `secr' set, I'll put it up on ftp.netbsd.org and announce
> it here.
>
> Ciao.
>
> --
>         -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>

Out of curiosity, have the problems in sysinst been addressed?  I tried
building myself a snapshot last week (Wednesday or so), and ran into two
problems:

1) I had to increase the size of the ramdisk (in
distrib/i386/floppies/ramdisk/Makefile and the INSTALL kernel)

2) sysinst would dump core upon launch.

I'm curious if these problems are there in the snapshot you're building.

+j

--
Jeff Rizzo                                         http://boogers.sf.ca.us/~riz