Subject: NIS and 1.4.2
To: 'port-i386@netbsd.org' <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Steve Paul <stevep@mccue.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/28/2000 13:18:03
Greetings,

Is NIS still broken under 1.4.2?  I thought it was working
but maybe it's just my config that's hosed.

It's still yielding the same behavior as 1.4.1.  The passwd
command says it's changing the YP passwd, but will
not accept the Old password for the user.  ("Sorry").
The NIS server reports a hit to portmap for
getport(yppasswdd).

I ran a tcpdump on the server and it gets both
sunrpc hits as well as a udp data on port 1020
when executing the passwd command.

The remote password file works great for authenticating
on NIS clients, but no password changes are allowed.
local or remote.

Any hints?

Thanks,
Steve