Subject: Re: 100BaseT pcmcia cards?
To: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/25/2000 16:23:20
At 03:28 PM 4/25/00 -0400, Andrew Brown wrote:
>i don't know of any 100 baset pc cards, just cardbus.

I *think* the 3Com 3C574 10/100 PCMCIA works these days (Jason?), although
you'll only get about 25Mbits or so out of it. I also bought a 3C575, and
it works wonderfully on a Thinkpad 600. I got mine for $70 from a surplus
dealer (http://www.centrix-intl.com), but they don't seem to have them
these days - just combo cards, and I'm not sure how those work on NetBSD.

Unfortunately, from what I can gather about the 560 at ibm.com, all models
are PCMCIA only (either that, or their technical writers did a poor job),
so you may be stuck with a slow non-cardbus ethernet.