Subject: Re: recommended sound cards?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/24/2000 17:26:28
On Mon, Apr 24, 2000 at 08:18:04PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 24, 2000 at 01:35:28PM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> >
> > Just tried it again using patches from Lennart -- no joy at all. I
> > confirmed that NMIDI is zero, but I'm still getting the brief hangs.
>
> below are the patch Chris sent me. Can someone have a look at it ?

With the exception of the 8 lines below, the patch seems entirely midi
specific. If disabling the midibus attachment didn't help, then I think
this patch won't change anything either.

Perry, could you describe the actions that cause the behaviour? I'm
digging in the audio system at the moment and I have a good setup for
testing things.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,