Subject: Re: recommended sound cards?
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/24/2000 12:41:41
On Sun, Apr 23, 2000 at 09:31:45PM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> See my pr. Whenever a number of ioctls are used on the card, I get
> mysterious hangs for a half second to a couple of seconds on the
> system. I'm not the only one with this issue -- Manuel Bouyer and
> others have noticed the exact same issue.
>
> I'm happy to work with you to resolve the problem, though, if you have
> any insight.

I've got a mail from Chris Cappuccio (OpenBSD) saying he has the same problem.
He noticed the problem after merging the MIDI code from NetBSD. Backing out
the change solves the problem. Looking at the diffs I suspect just
recompiling a kernel without any MIDI stuffs (NMIDI shall be 0) could
workaround the problem, but I can't test rigth now (I'm at home).
If someone wants to try this ...

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>