Subject: Re: 20000416 snapshot crashees on 1gig L440GX+
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org, thorpej@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/23/2000 19:45:43
On Tue, Apr 18, 2000 at 10:25:13PM -0700, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> I tried Perry's latest snapshot on an Intel L440GX motherboard with 1
> gig of RAM. It died when booting the install kernel, right after
> printing the copyright message. Both the two-disk and the "tiny.fs"
> died at the same point.

Okay. I tried building a boot floppy with root-on-NFS, from
yesterday's (or maybe this morning's) sup.  On the 1gig machine, that
kernel fails in the exact same way as my earlier report of Perry's
snapshot.

I tried pulling one DIMM from the machine. with 768 megabytes, it
booted successfully--both my recent root-on-NFS kernel, and the
two-disk install floppies from Perry's kernel.

i have a stack traceback, somewhere, but I'm gonna get lunch before i
re-type it in.