Subject: Re: Fun w/ 4GB RAM
To: None <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/21/2000 12:16:22
> When I try the feb 29 mptest floppies, I get a "panic: vm_page_physget:
> called _after_ bootstrap" immediately after the UCB Copyright.

I'm pretty sure this bug got squished by Jason after that point in
-current.

> Can someone remind me how to get a bootfloppy(set) with serial line
> bootblocks and kernel?

You get serial bootblocks by installing them instead of the default
biosboot.sym; I think we already have biosboot-com0.sym (?) in
/usr/mdec.

> Enable
>   options        "CONSDEVNAME=3D\"com\"",CONADDR=3D0x3f8,CONSPEED=3D9600
> in the INSTALL kernel, what else?

That should be enough to force the kernel to use the serial console
(but the boot code doesn't necessarily, unless you do the above).
This step isn't necessary if you use boot blocks which force the
console to serial, since the console information will get passed
along to the kernel.

Regards,

- H=E5vard