Subject: Re: RTC DST bit?
To: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/15/2000 16:42:56
On Fri, Apr 14, 2000 at 10:33:21AM -0400, Rick Byers wrote:
> Anyone know how Linux handles the RTC offset?  I would guess Linux is more
> "Windows friendly" in that respect.

Linux can be configured to handle the CMOS clock as local time or GMT.
But this is done in userland, which mean you can have bogus time util
the appropriate command is run (not a big deal, but needs some amenagements
in the startup script to work with xntp :)
However I've got troubles on both linux and windows machines because of this,
with daylight savings change being not applied when it should have been, or
being applied twice.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>