Subject: Re: How to create install floppies ?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Delcamp <e.delcamp@wanadoo.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/13/2000 11:32:52
Thanks. But it's not so simple !!

- First of all: you should run a kernel with vnd devices enable.
- You need a kernel in compile/INSTALL (put your netbsd file here)
- You need to "make" under /usr/src/distrib/i386/floppies/ramdisk/
- Then, go to /usr/src/distrib/i386/floppies/fdset/ and do "make"
- To write image on floppies, do a "dd if=boot1.fs of=/dev/fd0a bs=36b" and
"dd if=boot2.fs of=/dev/fd0a bs=36b"

This confirm what I said in advocacy mailing-list : we need better
documentation. I will try to add this.

PS: how to do the same thing for mac ? Don't know, but process could be
identical (beware of disk format and bootloader).