Subject: pcic help?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/12/2000 00:58:43
I'm stumped.  I'm trying to get a pcic with a ray0 to work in it.  I really
want to use this specific motherboard, and I'm not having any luck.  It was
working in a motherboard based on a VIA chipset.  Now it's in a 440LX (Tyan
Thunder 2), and it's not working.

Problem #1:  If the address space "reserved" in the BIOS for ISA devices
overlaps 0xd4000-0xd7fff, the BIOS will not probe *ANY* SCSI controllers,
built-in or PCI or anything.

Problem #2:  With any other address space, either pcic0 doesn't probe, or it
probes and doesn't see the card, or it finds the card and configures it, but
never sees pings.

I had this last problem with the VIA board until I recompiled the pcmcia code
forcing 'mem8' to be 1.  However, that doesn't seem to fix it on this board.
The card configures fine, but I can't find any evidence that it's working past
that.  Turning on debug shows mostly that the messages are genuinely huge.  :)

Anyone out there:
* had any experience with a pcic controller on a 440LX motherboard?
* know why the pcic wouldn't detect at 0xc0000?
* know why the motherboard might be refusing to probe SCSI controllers?

-s