Subject: Re: How to put a boot loader on a floppy ?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Delcamp <e.delcamp_NOSPAM@wanadoo.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/11/2000 11:28:30
Wrong.
biosboot.sym contain a first boot loader (the small code that is loaded by
BIOS and load the rest of the file/sectors into memory).
I need to extract this small piece of code (called by me "floppyload.bin")
and join it with netboot.sym to create a right boot process.

Thanks.
--------------------
Eric Delcamp writes:
> Hi !
>
> I want to give a try to /sys/arch/i386/stand/netboot before burning a
EPROM.
> For this, I need to put the netboot.bin (or netboot.sym) to a floppy, and
> don't have the small code to load it into memory. And also, I don't have
the
> method to put this on floppy.
> I think that will be similar to : "cat floppyload.bin netboot.sym >
> /dev/rfd0a" or "cat floppyload.bin netboot.sym > tmp; dd if=tmp
> of=/dev/rfd0a ???".
> Any idea ?

You should be able to do "/usr/mdec/installboot netboot.sym /dev/rfd0a"

-Andrew