Subject: Re: Anyone recommend a good terminal type?
To: None <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
From: Grey Wolf <greywolf@siteROCK.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/10/2000 11:40:33
On Sat, 8 Apr 2000 jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca wrote:

# On Jul 15,  6:31am, der Mouse wrote:
# }
# } With respect to the specific case of an i386 console, I suspect that
# } you'll find very few real 25-line terminals, and also suspect you'll
# } find comparatively few people willing to give up that 25th line for the
# } sake of your desire for an unattainable perfect emulation of some real
# } thing.  (As opposed to terminals which have a 25th line in hardware but
# } make it accessible only as a "status" line of some sort, which of
# } course would be emulable but would lose that line as far as most
# } programs are concerned.)
#
#      I would actually very much like to have an emulated status line.
# MS-Kermit has it, and it is a feature that I miss.  I typically ran
# "sysline" to keep information in the status line.  Other programs were
# capable of using it as well.

Oh, yeah!  Sysline!  I remember that one.

Used to use it regularly on LSI adm5s with the RG512 graphics boards
in them.  Had the escape sequence for the status line print in graphics
mode at the very bottom of the screen.

#
# }-- End of excerpt from der Mouse
#

				--*greywolf;
--
	OpenSource is NOT exclusive to Linux.  Explore your options!