Subject: Re: NetBSD and routing
To: , <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Steve <stevep@mccue.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/08/2000 15:25:30
You need to recompile a new kernel as the included
generic kernel is not set to allow forwarding/routing.

I usually uncomment
options        GATEWAY         # packet forwarding
options        MROUTING        # IP multicast routing
and
options        IPFILTER_LOG    # ipmon(8) log support

At which point, you'll need to configure and enable ipf,
ipnat and ipmon to establish your server as a firewall/router.

Good luck!
Steve