Subject: Re: Soundcards
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
From: Grey Wolf <greywolf@siteROCK.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/07/2000 14:30:24
On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, Jared D. McNeill wrote:

# On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, George Sollish wrote:
# > Jared,
# >
# > Regarding the AOpen AW37 card, I believe the problem I'm
# > having is due to a port mismatch between the card, which the dos setup
# > reports as being on 0x530, and the 1.4.2 kernel probe which is
# > searching 0x534. How do I build a kernel that will have our PnP find the
# > right address?
#
# That I'm unsure of.. but I *do* know that the Linux driver for the card
# works with either port selected (0x530 or 0x534). I haven't looked at the
# MSDOS setup -- is there a way to disable PnP on the card altogether? The
# kernel supports wss cards in non-pnp mode.

You should be able to disable PnP on the _motherboard_ altogether!

#
# Jared
#

				--*greywolf;
--
	OpenSource is NOT exclusive to Linux.  Explore your options!