Subject: Toshiba PCMCIA modem not recognized
To: NetBSD i386 List <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Hendrick <mlh@csranet.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/05/2000 13:58:41
I have a Toshiba T2450CT laptop running NetBSD-1.4.2.  The laptop
has a Toshiba T144PF4 Data/Fax Modem; a PCMCIA modem with two rj11
jacks built-in.  The modem works under DOS, but NetBSD will not
even 'see' the card to assign com1.  Whether I boot with the card
installed, or insert after startup, there is no message.  I have
tried using a xircom combo card in the same slot, and it is
recognized.  I assume this means the Toshiba modem does not
generate an interrupt for the system to see.  Is there any way to
force NetBSD to poll that slot on startup?

If the modem is a no-go, what other data/fax modems do folks use
that support class 2 fax and maybe even have a 16550 fifo?