Subject: Hangs with AudioPCI 97
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: None <Federico_Lupi@www.datasys.it>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/05/2000 10:14:17
> Hi,
> Ok, I finaly got my AudioPCI 97 working (it seems it doen't like to share
 IRQ
> with my SMC ethernet board). However I noticed short when changing the
> volume. A good way for me to make it show up is to start xmix and play
with
> the volumes bars - occasionally the mouse will hang.
> Did someone else notice this (also note that xmix complains about
> 'Invalid recording source'. I'm not sure if this is related.
>
> Can someone else reproduce the problem or is it just me (I'm running
current
> cvs up'ed today) ?
>
> --
> Manuel Bouyer, LIP6, Universite Paris VI.           Manuel.Bouyer@lip6.fr

I have the same card (onboard) and I experience the same problem.  The
mouse freezes for 5-6 seconds with xmix but also with a Tcl/Tk interface on
mixerctl that I have written.  It also happens when using mixerctl at the
command line in xterm.   It's not only the volume, anyway.  Otherwise the
sound is fine and I can play and record.

I am using NetBSD 1.4.1 (patched for AudioPCI97).

--
Federico Lupi