Subject: Re: Problems with dual booting
To: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
From: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@pgh.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/31/2000 18:38:07
On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, Frank van der Linden wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 31, 2000 at 04:01:36PM +0900, IWAMOTO Toshihiro wrote:
> > Does anyone using such a dual boot configuration with success?
> >
> > When I tried dualbooting recently, I couldn't boot NetBSD beyond the
> > 8GB boundary. I've concluded this is due to a bug in the second stage
> > bootloader and sent a patch in the PR port-i386/9676.
>
> It has worked for me on several occasions. I haven't looked closely
> at your patch yet, perhaps the bug didn't always manifest itself.

  I just installed NetBSD on the second half of a 20GB disk and I got the
same behavior with the pre-patch bootblocks.  With the patch, it gets as
far as trying to load the kernel then reboots (though this could be a
build problem.  I had to copy bios_disk.o to stand/biosboot to get it to
build).

Matthew Orgass
darkstar@pgh.net