Subject: Re: Problems with dual booting
To: None <ws@tools.de>
From: IWAMOTO Toshihiro <iwamoto@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/31/2000 16:01:36
At Thu, 30 Mar 2000 20:49:58 +0200,
Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@tools.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > # Has anybody set up like a windows/NetBSD dual boot on say a 20gig
> > # Harddrive, I'm looking to splitting the drive in half 10gig for win and
> > # 10gig for NetBSD. Is there an kind of docs on setting up dual boot on
> > # larger drives.
> >
> > Recommend you use os-bs for this.  Probably mandatory that you put win
> > on the first half of the disk.
>
> Hmm, I'm not sure, but os-bs may not be able to boot a partition beyond
> the 8GB boundary.
>
> Just use the boot selector that comes with NetBSD (since 1.4).
> That one should work.

Does anyone using such a dual boot configuration with success?

When I tried dualbooting recently, I couldn't boot NetBSD beyond the
8GB boundary. I've concluded this is due to a bug in the second stage
bootloader and sent a patch in the PR port-i386/9676.
Am I missing something?

--
IWAMOTO Toshihiro