Subject: rawrite fails to write boot image... (fwd)
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Stark <bstark@siemens-psc.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/29/2000 17:16:34
Hello,

Just to follow up on the attached email I sent out recently. From what I
am hearing from others, my problem with using rawrite.exe on a Sony VAIO
PCG-N505VX is due to the fact that the floppy disk drive is a USB device
and therefore rawrite.exe is not able to get the necessary information
from it to do its work.

Assuming that really is the case and seeing how computers with USB devices
are becoming more and more common, what can be done about this? Is
there anyone reading this that has the necessary programing skills that
could create a new version of rawrite for computers with USB floppy
devices? Does anyone know of any existing programs like rawrite.exe that
will work with a USB floppy drive?

In the mean time I guess I will have to use another computer system to
create the boot images I want.

Brian

| Brian Stark                       | Internet : bstark@siemens-psc.com |
| Siemens PT&D, Inc.                | Voice    : +1 763 536-4697        |
| Power Systems Control Division    | Fax      : +1 763 536-4919        |
| 7225 Northland Drive, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota 55428   USA            |