Subject: Re: Anyone recommend a good terminal type?
To: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/29/2000 15:15:26
On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, Simon Burge wrote:

> Hrmph!  A real vt220 is still the console for my home serial based
> machines.  I really must upgrade to one of those new-fangled vt420's
> one day... ;)

	You don't want that - that would give you the ability to
	have an escape key that sends a single escape character!
	(Memories os using vi with CTRL+[ :)

	Ob on-topic-comment:

	If we want to use wsvt or similar as our default terminal type
	at some point then we need to ensure its in the master terminfo
	database now so at least those systems (linux etc) that keep up
	to date will have the right defintion for when you rlogin from
	an NetBSD's machine's console. (s/rlogin/ssh/ etc)

		David/absolute