Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.4.2 Split disksets
To: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/29/2000 15:06:29
On Wed, Mar 29, 2000 at 10:57:45PM +1000, Simon Burge wrote:
> > Well, the problem is that sysinst "knows" (actually, thinks it knows), how
> > many parts are in each set.  And this table wasn't updated after the split.
> > So sysinst thinks base has only parts aa-bw where it actually has aa-by,
> > and thus it misses the last two of the split files.
>
> In the "that's really yucky" category, can't we just concatenate bw and
> by into a new bw for now?

I think that's a good idea, because it means that we don't have to go
through the mess of making new floppies available. However, it should
be mentioned in LAST_MINUTE that these last 2 or 3 files have been
concatenated.

Also, the source sets have split components, the same trick might have
to be pulled there (I assume they grew too; let's hope that they did not
grow more than 3 components).

- Frank