Subject: Re: AOpen AW37 Soundcard
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
From: George Sollish <gsollish@mail.gisco.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/28/2000 21:24:18
On Tue, 28 Mar 2000, Jared D. McNeill wrote:

> Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 22:07:13 -0400 (AST)
> From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
> To: George Sollish <gsollish@mail.gisco.net>
> Cc: port-i386@netbsd.org
> Subject: Re: AOpen AW37 Soundcard
>
> > Thanks for the response.  But where you're getting wss0 and audio0
> > recognized I'm getting wss1: ad1848_probe failed and no audio*.  I read in
> > the tech-kern archives that the ad1848 probe was faulty for the cs423x
> > card, but that was in '98, and yours works, so that problem must be
> > overcome on your box. Are you running pnp and what version of NetBSD?  I'm
> > running this on 1.4.2.
>
> Sorry I missed the part about the ad1848 probe. This happens to me when
> the card isn't using the default settings. I think I read somewhere about
> this card using proprietary PnP... If the BIOS sets the card at anything
> but the following I get the same error:
>
> wss0 at isapnp0 port 0x534/4,0x388/4,0x220/16 irq 5 drq 1,0
>
> This card worked for me both with 1.4.2 and -current. I honestly don't
> remember if I have PnP enabled in the BIOS or not, I can send you a copy
> of my kernel config if you want to take a look.
>
> Jared

Thanks, I would like to see your kernel config.  Regarding PnP, I was
under the impression that NetBSD's PnP would only operate if the BIOS PnP
support was disabled.  Should I enable the BIOS PnP and short out the OS
support?

George E Sollish	Chief Engineer  	 Auto Gear Equipment
			Host	 		 Classic-FM's Listening Room
			Project Manager		 The Payne Lake Project