Subject: Re: AOpen AW37 Soundcard
To: George Sollish <gsollish@mail.gisco.net>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/28/2000 22:07:13
> Thanks for the response.  But where you're getting wss0 and audio0
> recognized I'm getting wss1: ad1848_probe failed and no audio*.  I read in
> the tech-kern archives that the ad1848 probe was faulty for the cs423x
> card, but that was in '98, and yours works, so that problem must be
> overcome on your box. Are you running pnp and what version of NetBSD?  I'm
> running this on 1.4.2.

Sorry I missed the part about the ad1848 probe. This happens to me when
the card isn't using the default settings. I think I read somewhere about
this card using proprietary PnP... If the BIOS sets the card at anything
but the following I get the same error:

wss0 at isapnp0 port 0x534/4,0x388/4,0x220/16 irq 5 drq 1,0

This card worked for me both with 1.4.2 and -current. I honestly don't
remember if I have PnP enabled in the BIOS or not, I can send you a copy
of my kernel config if you want to take a look.

Jared