Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.4.2 Split disksets
To: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/28/2000 22:01:50
> Double-check the split files that you have... the split files available
> for FTP look just fine to me.  e.g.:

The MD5 sums for each file match the ones listed in binary/sets/Split/MD5,
and I tested with both a 1.4.2 and 1.4.1 installation disk. Unpacking of
base.tgz died all three times (using different floppies each time) at
/usr/share/misc/vgrindefs.db. I got the system up and running in single
user mode, and /usr/INSTALL/base.tgz was less than the expected size, and
'cd /; tar -zxvvpf /usr/INSTALL/base.tgz' died on the same file. I split
base.tgz on my own and untarred it to / and it worked. Maybe it's a
problem with sysinst?

Jared