Subject: Re: 1.4.2 Observations
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org,>
From: None <eric.delcamp@legrand.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/27/2000 15:50:24
----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas Michael Wanka" <tm_wanka@earthling.net>
To: <port-i386@netbsd.org>
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2000 9:40 AM

> On 27 Mar 2000, at 17:13, Simon J. Gerraty wrote:
>
> > For single disk configurations, modern IDE disks are supposed to be as
> > good as scsi (I don't use IDE so don't quote me :-), and $/Mb is much
> > better for IDE than scsi so its hard to suggest anyone go scsi for a
> > single disk system.
[snip]
> I do not know about the IDE RAID controllers from HPT and
> promise, but these could have overcome this problems by using an
> on board processor.

Oh no ! IDE Raid controller from Promise is just the classic UDMA/66 card with a
 new Bios (a trick exist to transform it in "RAID").
In term of RAID, nothing is better than SCSI (and at least UWide).

L'integrite de ce message n'etant pas assuree sur Internet, la societe
ne peut etre tenue responsable de son contenu.
Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le detruire et
d'avertir l'expediteur.

The integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet.
The society cannot therefore be considered responsible for the contents.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, then please delete
it and notify the sender.