Subject: Install script
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Delcamp <e.delcamp_NOSPAM@wanadoo.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/26/2000 19:11:24
Hi !

On a fresh i386 machine, I'm installing NetBSD-1.4.2. Some notes about the
install script:

-1- If I want only NetBSD on the disk, and if I have a big disk (like 10GB
or more), I think it could be nice if I could stop the creation of
partitions before the end of the disk or the end of letters (g). I want to
reserve some space for later, to use it in a special case (a big /local, or
something else).
The solution I found is to create of temporary partition (/local1) and
assign of the rest of my disk to it, and then delete it when system is up.

-2- Why the hell, when installing from FTP, do you ping the gateway ? The
ping should be only on the DNS or the FTP site, but NOT THE GATEWAY. If you
have a firewall/gateway and declare it hidden in both side, ping failed. Bad
thing. Maybe a question before doing this ?

Thanks.