Subject: PXE NIC driver
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Claus Andersen <clan@wheel.dk>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/24/2000 11:16:31
Hello,

Has anyone written (or started) writing a generic PXE NIC driver? We have
already done the needed server side coding to roll out clients but it would
be neat with a PXE driver so we wouldn't rely on a well known and detected
NIC in the install kernel.
A such driver would furthermore help booting diskless X Terminals without
worrying of what NIC is installed.

For the curious: We have written some snap-ins for Tivoli IT/Netfinity
Director which enables discovery of PXE systems and deploying an OS.
DHCP/BINL/management is all written in java and the next step is writing a
GUI so it can be used cross-platform outside of the Director environment.

Kind Regards,
Claus Andersen