Subject: Cannot boot SCSI?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/17/2000 20:39:48
I'm trying to set up a SCSI boot in my PC and m not having much luck.
I got the disk all set up, but it appears the BIOS cannot see it.  I
have an AMI Plug & Play BIOS, and the SCSI controller is an Adaptec
AVA-2902I, which probes as an aic7850.  dmesg also reports "Host Adapter
Bios disabled."  Is this why the BIOS cannot see it?  I looked on
Adaptec's web site, but they don't seem to have a utility to play with
this setting.  What to do?

Thanks,
~Steve

--