Subject: Re: Netpliance Iopener booted with NetBSD...
To: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@espus.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/16/2000 15:01:56
On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, Andrew Gillham wrote:

> Does anyone know the "crypto" status of the I-opener?
> For instance:
> (from their page)
> Browser Specifications
>
>            HTTP 1.1
>            HTML 3.2 (frames, forms, tables)
>            RealAudio 5.0
>            Javascript 1.1
>            SSL 128-bit encryption
>            Accepts cookies
>
> So wouldn't these units need to be reflashed to eliminate these dangerous
> munitions?

Are they still classified as munitions, or does the recent relaxing of
certain governmental muscles let 128 bit encryption over the borders?  I
thought that most crypto was okay to export now.

BTW - someone should check to make sure that these units are 18VDC... I
indicated that I though so before, but that's second hand info (I don't
have my units yet).  I don't want anyone to get miffed about it if they're
not 18VDC ;-<

-Jon
 "Can you count my penny?" | NetBSD on i386, Alpha, VAX, NeXT, SPARC,
 "One!"                    | Mac68k, and hopefully more...