Subject: Re: Netpliance Iopener booted with NetBSD...
To: lars brinkhoff <lars@nocrew.org>
From: Gavan Fantom <gavan@coolfactor.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/15/2000 01:02:46
On 14 Mar 2000, lars brinkhoff wrote:

> Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi> writes:
> > > Great|!  I'd love to see some details on how to do this.  (I should
> > > have my Iopener in a few weeks.)
> > Do they ship overseas? wow, I guess I'll be getting one as well ;)
>
> I tried ordering one.  At circuitcity.com they were out of stock and
> at netpliance.com they wouldn't let me type a European address.
>
> Do I have to call to order?

I called. Circuit City aren't allowed to ship outside the states because
of some legality with their distributors and resellers or something like
that. So no, AFAICT basically you can't get an iOpener outside the states.

I've just asked a friend of mine in the states to pick a couple up for me.

I don't suppose anyone's thought of an altogether more sneaky way of
getting hold of one in the UK or elsewhere?

--
Gillette - the best a man can forget