Subject: Re: kernel debugger
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
From: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/14/2000 14:23:57
Ok.  That will work if I can time it just right.  Is there any way to put a
line in the driver that will cause the debugger to become active?  I
suppose I could create a pointer, initialize it with null, then try to
reference memory with it:

unsigned long			*get_into_ddb;
unsigned long			dummy_var;

get_into_ddb = NULL;

dummy_var = *get_into_ddb;

Of course, if there is something mapped to address 0, this won't work.  Is
there a better way to call ddb?