Subject: Re: Netpliance Iopener booted with NetBSD...
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/13/2000 17:59:45
Lennart Augustsson writes:
> Andrew Gillham wrote:
>
> > Ok, so I've officially booted NetBSD/i386 -current on my Netpliance
> > Iopener.  This was completed *WITHOUT* opening the case, not 2.5" IDE
> > hard drive was used, etc.
>
> Great|!  I'd love to see some details on how to do this.  (I should have my Iopener in
> a few weeks.)

I'm working on some documentation.  There are a few problems.  First I only
wrote down minimal stuff as I proceeded to take over the box.  Then I
have the problem of not being able to test my documentation as I don't
have QNX running anymore. :-)

Is there an easy fix/hack to make 'kue0' probe before asking for the
root filesystem?  e.g. can I defer the rootfilesystem query for 30 seconds
or something like that?  It is kinda painful having to NFS mount /bin,/etc,
/dev, /sbin, /usr, /var onto the md0 directories.

On the regular desktop I tested my image on, I could pick 'rl0' as the
root filesystem and then 'kue0' probed, 'rl0' failed, and I could pick
my USB Ethernet.  This doesn't work on the IOpener as there is only wd0,
md0, and halt.

How about adding a 'delay' or something that pauses, and "finishes up" the
deferred stuff?

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.