Subject: Re: IBM token ring cards
To: None <clausa@dk.ibm.com>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@espus.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/13/2000 06:58:00
On Mon, 13 Mar 2000 clausa@dk.ibm.com wrote:

[snip]

> The Option P/N's (for retail ordering) can be found at
> http://www.networking.ibm.com/tra/traover4.html - For what you're looking
> for I think you should go for either  72H3482 (Diskette single pack) or
> 72H3514 (Card pack). The numbers listed below would _probably_ be FRU P/N
> and are used when ordering as a spare part (=expensive!)

Cool - between those and gillhaa's part no's, I'm going to start looking
for a few cards to play with.  My thanks to both of you guys.

> If you want to play around with PCI cards all the IBM versions (4/16/100)
> are based on the Olympic chipset. I do not think anyone is working on any
> port and the FreeBSD effort seems to be stalled completely (Can be found
> at:  http://www.jurai.net/~winter/tr/tr.html). I for one would be a willing
> tester as I am kind of "stuck" with this topology :-)

I'd love to develop them, however, I'd need to sit down with someone for a
day to figure things out.  And I just don't have time now-a-days... things
are always happening RSN.  I'd love to see PCI tr cards working,
though.  Maybe there's enough working in the FreeBSD port to just suck it
across, apply random #ifdef __NetBSD__ type of ideas, and compile.  Who
knows...  I'll give it a try in my Copious Spare Time (tm).

Thanks again,

-Jon
 "Can you count my penny?" | NetBSD on i386, Alpha, VAX, NeXT, SPARC,
 "One!"                    | Mac68k, and hopefully more...