Subject: Re: eap driver and SoundBlaster PCI128
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Masahiro =Rhythm Drive= Ishiyama <masahiro@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/13/2000 20:48:48

 > Well, despite the recent commits to make the eap driver work with
 > SoundBlaster PCI128, it's still not working for me.  It appears
 > to be recognized and configured by the kernel:

 > <snip>
 > eap0 at pci0 dev 20 function 0: Ensoniq AudioPCI 97 (rev. 0x08)
 > eap0: interrupting at irq 9
 > eap0: CRY19 codec; headphone, 20 bit DAC, 18 bit ADC, Spatializer 3D
 > audio0 at eap0: full duplex, mmap, independent
 > midi0 at eap0: AudioPCI MIDI UART
 > <snip>

	Just for your information.
	I tested the patch for eap.c on two cards, I got these results.

A) SoundBlaster Digital PCI: printed code on the chip is "CT5880-DBQ 9935H J7089C"

eap0 at pci0 dev 9 function 0: Ensoniq AudioPCI 97 (rev. 0x07)
eap0: interrupting at irq 5
eap0: SigmaTel STAC9708 codec; 18 bit DAC, 18 bit ADC, Rockwell 3D
audio0 at eap0: full duplex

B) SoundBlaster Vibra128: printed code on the chip is "CT2518 DBQ S9939H"

eap0 at pci0 dev 9 function 0: Ensoniq AudioPCI 97 (rev. 0x08)
eap0: interrupting at irq 5
eap0: TRA35 codec; no 3D stereo
audio0 at eap0: full duplex

	These two cards work fine for me.
	As you see, Vibra128's revision is 0x08, equal to your PCI128.
	The difference is the CODEC.
	Hmmm, Do we need an another hack to codec's code?

    When you hear the music, after over it, | Masahiro Ishiyama
    it's gone into the air.                 | Communication Platform
    You can never capture it again.         | Laboratory, R&D Center,
                          --- Eric Dolphy   | TOSHIBA CORPORATION