Subject: Re: Any NetBSD'ers with a Netpliance Iopener?
To: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/11/2000 22:21:59
At 10:09 PM 3/11/00 -0500, Andrew Gillham wrote:

>I have a Linksys USB10T also, and it works pretty decent.

The DLink is the cheapest one locally ($40). Anyone know if it uses one of
the supported chips (I guess I could just go buy one and find out ...)

>I should have one tomorrow, and can start looking at getting NetBSD up and
>working.  I sure would like to see someone figure out out to blow an image
>into flash without opening the case.  Obviously the builtin QNX could be
>used, but I don't imagine it has much with regard to utilities, shells, etc.
>
>Anyone with more information please speak up. :)

Apparently the flash is SanDisk, and appears like a 16MB IDE disk, so once
you get it booted with *something* that gives you raw access to disks, it
wouldn't be a problem. I wonder if it would boot from a USB floppy or
something. Probably not...