Subject: Re: Any NetBSD'ers with a Netpliance Iopener?
To: None <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/11/2000 22:09:12
Jason R Thorpe writes:

> You need to load the kernel from somewhere... Plus, it's not clear that
> mounting root from USB Ethernet is going to work yet... (the discovery
> thread takes a while to find everything on my laptop, for example...)
>
> Regarding which one... the Linksys and NetGear USB Ethernet dongles work
> pretty well... I know someone who has a Linksys, and I have a NetGear.

I have a Linksys USB10T also, and it works pretty decent.  I plan on hooking
up it to my Iopener once I get it. :)  Also a USB keyboard and mouse will
be easy to drop in, rather than the limited keyboard it comes with.  Almost
as good as having your own SHARK.  Hell, better is some respects as it
comes with the LCD monitor.

I should have one tomorrow, and can start looking at getting NetBSD up and
working.  I sure would like to see someone figure out out to blow an image
into flash without opening the case.  Obviously the builtin QNX could be
used, but I don't imagine it has much with regard to utilities, shells, etc.

Anyone with more information please speak up. :)

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.