Subject: Re: Where is the source for 1.4.2?
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/07/2000 17:36:48
> Note that that's a _snapshot_ of what will be 1.4.2. AFAIK 1.4.2 has not
> been finalized. It's realy close, but there might be a few more fixes that
> make it. That's probably why not everything is where it should be in the
> release hierarchy.

More or less. The real reason I used the snapshot directories was because
(due to rain, ants, BIOS trouble, and so on ... think "Iwo Daemon") these
are the first 1.4.2 builds _I_ have put up for FTP, but since they are
also built from the 1.4.2 label, we hope that these will also be the final
binaries that ship.

All the 1.4.2's showing up in snapshot/ directories are mine. The others
are being done by folks who have a lot more experience at this than I do,
and are going straight into the release area.

I'm starting to get sufficient success stories on some of my ports,
so pretty soon I'll begin moving things into the real release area
also.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com