Subject: Re: fddi cards
To: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@espus.com>
From: Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/07/2000 22:33:38
On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 08:48:31AM -0500, Jon Lindgren wrote:
> Sorry for the cross post.
>
> I need to run a FDDI card in one of my i386 or alpha servers to interface
> to an older switch.  From what I can tell, the DEFPA card is the only FDDI
> card supported.  Does anyone actively use these cards?  Are they
> reliable?  Also, does anyone have a decent source for them?  I could only
> find one...

I have a couple of brand new DEFPA SAS MMF PCI cards here (how about that
# of TLAs in one sentence? ;-) I tested 'm a week ago and they work just
fine (they should, they are now, but Murphy..)

Im willing to trade for a dual/quad channel PCI 10/100 ethernet card
(that works well under FreeBSD).

> I might be able to use my turbochannel machine for such a purpose, but I
> need a 100BTX port on the machine to bridge my switch into the FDDI
> port.  So I think I need to run this on a PCI based machine.

A DEFTA TC card should also work. Not that I can help you getting a DEFTA
though.

W/
--
Wilko Bulte 			Arnhem, The Netherlands