Subject: Re: NFS server hangs under 1.4.1
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Pennington <rich@introl.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/07/2000 07:44:09
Hi,

I haven't been following this thread very closely, until I noticed a hang. ;-)

I just installed 1.4.1 on a PIII600 with a vr ethernet card.
I am using a lot of NFS tranfers to copy files from a 1.4
system (PII333, same ethernet card).

First try: mount 1.4 filesystem on 1.4.1 box, start big nfs transfer
with some large (>100MB) files. Tar (on 1.4.1 system) from 1.4 to
1.4.1 system failed twice. Just stopped or slowed down a lot. Pings
went from negligible to >10000 and very sporatic.

The first time I got a couple of missing interrupt messages from
the vr driver.

This happened twice.

Then I tried mounting the 1.4.1 file system on the 1.4 box and did
the 1.4 to 1.4.1 transfer there. This seems to work (it is still
transfering) but it *seems* slower.

I'll try to play with back and forth file transfers when the current
transfer finishes.

-Rich

--
Richard Pennington		Introl Corporation, Milwaukee, WI USA
Email: rich@introl.com		Phone: +1 414-273-6100	Fax: +1 414-273-6106